Hello, readers. Let’s get right to it. Please read on for all foreign filing updates from the week of June 2nd:
- This great read by the WSJ explores why patents are on the rise (some of the reasons aren’t what you would expect!).
- This is the first implementation of fee shifting rules mandated by the Supreme Court in regards to patent trolls.
- In country specific news, Denmark has voted yes on the Unified Patent Court (UPC). The agreement will set up a single and specialized EU patent jurisdiction.
- This survey indicates that companies are looking forward to the unitary European patent system.
- See you back here next week and have a great weekend!