Contenta success stories
Read on to find out how the US Navy standardized its tech pubs process – or fill out the form at the end to get the full list of Contenta case studies.
US Navy establishes enterprise-level tech pubs support
The US Navy’s rationalization, reduction and centralization strategy identifies, analyzes and migrates IT software applications and databases with the aim of reducing the number of applications in use across all networks by 95%.
Under this initiative, the US Navy needed to consolidate its multiple technical content management systems into a single solution, ensuring accuracy and efficiency through common, enterprise-wide, repeatable processes. A key objective was to ensure all Navy programs and contractors supporting Navy programs have access to standard approved and authorized content management, CSDB, publishing, and IETM generation and delivery technologies.
The Contenta solution established the foundation for the Standard NAVSEA Integrated Publishing Process (SNIPP)
- Reduce the number of IT software applications and databases in use across all networks
- Provide a US Navy enterprise solution via hosted access
- Support all remote sites providing tech manual services
- Support S1000D as well as legacy Navy MIL-SPEC standards
- 50% schedule reduction
- 60% reduction of errors
- 60% overall program savings
- Improved MTTR
- Increased operational readiness
- Established foundation for SNIPP