Good afternoon! Each month, we look through WIPO’s PCT Newsletter to share the latest news impacting the international patent system. As always, there are several country-specific rules, fee changes and patent office notifications to report. Please see below for a recap of the major headlines from April:
Modified PCT Regulations
During an annual meeting in Geneva, Switzerland on September 23-October 2, 2013, amendments were made to the PCT Regulations which will begin on July 1, 2014. Please find what this entails here.
Please note that you can now find the September 2012 version of the Demand Form (PCT/IPEA401) in Arabic. Link here.
The PATENTSCOPE search system now includes the national patent collection of Canada, bringing the number of national or regional patent Offices involved to 37.
Release of PCT-SAFE Client Patch
An update patch for the PCT-SAFE Client software, dated April 1, 2014, may be downloaded from their website here.
The updated patch takes into account the following:
- physical media electronic filing is no longer accepted by the receiving Offices of Austria & Sweden
- includes fee updates
- includes software enhancements
PCT Information Updates
The amounts of the following national fees have changed as of January 1, 2014:
- Filing fee – Equivalent in BYR of USD 50
- Claim fee for each independent claim in excess of 1 – Equivalent in BYR of USD 20
- Examination fee – Equivalent in BYR of USD 250
- Annual fee for the third year – Equivalent in BYR of USD 50
CZ Czech Republic
The address of the CCM has changed to the following:
Czech Collection of Microorganisms
Kamenice 5/building A25
625 00 Brno
Please check back in next month as we recap WIPO’s May 2014 PCT Newsletter. Please find the entire resource here.