Last week, I had the pleasure of attending and speaking at the National Association of Patent Practitioners (NAPP) Annual Meeting. Presenters included directors from WIPO, law professors, and attorneys from the US and abroad, speaking on a diverse range of topics.
I was asked to speak on a subject near and dear to my heart: Outsourcing Foreign Filing. Below are some of the highlights of my presentation:
- Legal outsourcing is on the rise, especially in the area of foreign filing.
- Law firms are transitioning from a “one-stop shop” model to one where services are “unbundled”.
- Clients are taking control of their legal services and fees.
I also discussed:
- The logistics of working with an outside foreign filing provider
- Common questions regarding foreign filing
- Filing trends and current events in the IP space
Make sure to watch our 3-minute overview video to learn how inovia is working with clients to reduce the cost and administration of foreign filing.