Hello everyone! Our friends at AFD China recently released their most recent newsletter. Please see below for highlights:
- SIPO of China announced that the Patent Prosecution Highway Pilot Program (PPH) between SIPO and UKIPO, IPO and PRV formally began on July 1, 2014. These program will run for 2 years, ending on June 30, 2016.
- The State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) has partnered with the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade to lend its expertise to Chinese companies. They will work together on 13 issues, including IP exchanges with foreign countries and managing IP training programs.
- Administrative departments in China dealt with almost 40,000 cases of infringement and counterfeiting from January – April 2014.
- The Central Reform Leading Group held its third meeting and discussed the hierarchy of China’s IP courts. It was decided that to achieve consistency of the judgement on IP cases, three intermediate-level intellectual property courts will be set up in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangdong.
- On July 10th, the opening ceremony of the WIPO agency was held in Beijing. This is the fifth of its kind to be opened worldwide, after offices in the United States, Japan, Brazil and Singapore.
Thanks again to our colleagues at AFD China for issuing this very informative newsletter. For more updates relating to foreign patent filing, please follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP!