Here’s a recap of the foreign filing/patent law news from the week of August 15:
- The USPTO issued its 8 millionth patent on Tuesday. The patent was awarded to Second Sight Medical Products for a “Visual Prosthesis Apparatus” that enhances visual perception for the sight impaired.
- Our friends at Spoor & Fisher informed us that Rwanda will become the newest member of ARIPO.
- We posted an overview of Australian innovation patents.
- Our own Jeff Shieh authored a guest blog article on IPWatchdog.com, which provides an overview of the PCT process.
- There are some new foreign filing resources available on the inovia website. Read more about them here.
As always, please feel free to share news from your country below. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP.
Have a great weekend!