Hi friends! We’ve gathered some of the latest stories in foreign filing/patenting news from the week of November 11th for your consideration:
- Senator Orrin Hatch (R – Utah) introduced the Patent Litigation Integrity Act, a bill that would curb patent trolls’ dangerous litigation practices.
- WIPO is launching the first phase of a major restructuring and redesign of their website.
- Apple and Samsung began a retrial of patent damages, primarily to determine how much should be awarded in their patent litigation.
- According to WikiLeak, the United States is pushing for greater powers over patent and property rights.
- WIPO also released statistics that trademark applications have tripled over the past three decades for emerging economies.
Be sure to check back next weekend for the Roundup! Also, follow us out on Twitter @inoviaIP.