Here’s a look at the foreign filing/patent law news from the week of November 28, 2011:
- EU unitary patent news: EU ministers will meet next week to discuss the proposed European patent court. More from Managing IP.
- New PPH pilot: The USPTO announced a new Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) pilot program with the Icelandic Patent Office.
- Are you doing business in China or planning to? Read IPWatchdog’s latest article.
- From Patently-O: While the USPTO recently reported that more than 500,000 patent applications were filed during the fiscal year, there has actually been a decrease in new patent filings due to an odd accounting practice. Read more.
- New inovia case study posted – A Legal Entrepreneur Builds a Boutique Practice.
As a reminder, if you’re in the Chicago area please join us on December 8 for a panel discussion on doing business in China. Click here for more information.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and share news from your country in the comments section. Have a great weekend!