Happy Friday and happy New Year! Here’s a look at the foreign filing/patent law news from the first week of 2012:
- USPTO Director David Kappos discusses what 2012 may hold in his latest blog article. The themes are progress, harmonization and technology.
- The USPTO also reviewed their Track 1 examination program (paying an additional fee to speed up examination). 1,218 of the 1,231 requests of the prioritized examination (that have been decided) were granted.
- China surpasses the U.S. and Japan as top patent filer.
- We ranked our top national stage entry countries for 2011.
- Robert Sayre of Modern Times Legal wrote a guest post providing insight into patent practice at the African Regional Intellectual Property Organization.
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and share your feedback below. Have a great weekend!