Here’s a look at the foreign filing/patent law news from the week of October 10, 2011:
- inovia and several of our foreign associates have been ranked top PCT filers by Managing IP.
- We’ve discussed how the change to first-to-file in the U.S. will put pressure on applicants to file as soon as possible; however, a recent IPWatchdog article takes a look at just how early an application should be filed.
- Effective November 1, Finland will become the 17th EPO country to accede to the London Agreement.
- Austria and the USPTO will extend their PPH program.
- Starting November 1, the Israel Patent Office will begin receiving and processing international applications electronically. Read more in WIPO’s latest PCT newsletter.
Share news from your country below and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP. Have a great weekend!