Hi everyone! Take a look at these foreign filing/patenting news bits from the week of April 23rd:
- April 26th marked World Intellectual Property Day 2012, first initiated by WIPO’s member states in 2000 as a time to celebrate visionary innovators and the contributions they make to the IP space.
- The EPO is joining forces with Logica to introduce a fully digital and innovative patent office, allowing for higher efficiency in patent searching, filing, examination, and more.
- Just weeks after acquiring Instagram, Facebook strikes another big deal, purchasing over 800 of AOL’s patents from Microsoft.
- Is it possible to obtain a world-wide patent application? What is the national stage? How does one determine where to file for patent protection? Check out this article for great information on the PCT process via IPWatchdog.
- inovia news: Last week, we celebrated our 10th anniversary! Click here to see what some of our clients have to say about their experience with inovia as a strategic partner in the foreign filing space.
We tweet, too! Follow us @inoviaIP. Have a good weekend!