Hello everybody! Here’s a look at the foreign filing/patent-related news for the week of June 11th:
- EPO President Benoît Battistelli is calling for a stronger framework of IP rights for inventors, including “a cost-effective and legally safe patent system.”
- David Kappos of the USPTO recently listed 12 reasons why his office is moving to Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC), a joint initiative shared with the European Patent Office.
- After more than 5 years of implementation, the Japanese Patent Office (JPO) and the Korean Intellectual Property Office (KIPO) have agreed that July 1st, 2012 will be the official start of the PCT Patent Prosecution Highway pilot program between the two countries.
- The U.K. and the U.S. are joining forces to enhance the international patent filing system, beginning with improvements to the UKIPO’s Fast Track System, to create a more flexible and efficient PCT process for patent applicants.
- And the winners of the EPO’s European Inventors Award 2012 are…Congratulations to all!