Here’s a recap of the foreign filing/patent law news from the week of September 19, 2011:
- Fee increase: The USPTO has increased the fees associated with the PCT national stage (along with all other fees), effective September 26.
- ARIPO update: The Harare protocol will enter into force with respect to the Republic of Rwanda on September 24, making it a member of ARIPO.
- Australia: Proposed amendments to Australian patent law – see article from Patent Baristas.
- On our blog: Our Senior Patent Attorney Jeff Shieh discussed what the patent system reform will mean for inventors and small companies.
- From the Washington Post – Innovation is down, but patent trolls are thriving.
As always, please remember to follow us on Twitter and share your news & comments below. Have a great weekend!