Angola & Ethiopia
RWS is proud to announce the addition of both Angola and Ethiopia to our foreign patent filing capabilities through Spoor & Fisher of our global agent network. Delivering exceptional value to their clients through registering and protecting their IP across all of Africa, Spoor & Fisher now offers PCT filing options for Angola and Direct Filing options for Ethiopia.
For those applicants interested in filing in these countries, the following are some important notes:
- The deadline for filing the application in Angola is 30 months from the earliest priority date.
- The application must be filed in Portuguese.
- Assignments are not required.
- Powers of Attorney are required to be notarized and legalized at an Angolan consulate. An executed Power of Attorney can be filed within two months from the filing date of the application.
- Translation extensions are available for non-English language translations; however, English translations must be filed by the deadline. No additional fee.
Ethiopia (Direct Filing):
- The deadline for filing the application in Ethiopia is 12 months from the earliest priority date.
- The application must be filed in English.
- Powers of Attorney and Assignments are required.
- Power of Attorney forms must be notarized and legalized at an Ethiopian consulate. This can be filed within one month of filing the application.
- Assignments must be notarized and legalized at an Ethiopian consulate.
RWS now offers PCT filing for Kazakhstan through Papula-Nevinpat of our global agent network. Established in 1975, Papula-Nevinpat has offices across nine countries, including Finland, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan.
For applicants interested in filing in Kazakhstan, the following are some important notes:
- PCT national stage deadline for Kazakhstan is 31 months after the earliest priority date.
- The application must be filed in Russian.
- Assignments are not required
- The original executed Power of Attorney can be filed within two months from the 31-month deadline. No notarization or legalization required.
- Translation must be provided within two months from the filing date.
If you are considering filing in either Angola, Ethiopia or Kazakhstan, you can get an instant “1-click” quote through our inovia portal. Register here and start today!