RWS inovia is set to complete a successful 2016 and we look forward to continue to service your IP needs in 2017. Highlights from the past year include:
- We hold the title of the #1 PCT firm in the United States for the sixth consecutive year – RWS inovia handled the deadlines of 1,419 PCTs. Now in its eighth year, Managing IP’s list of law firms instructing the foreign filing of the most PCT patent applications is based on details in WIPO. To complete the tables, PCT applications with a priority date between July 1, 2013 and June 30, 2014 were extracted. These correspond to applications set to enter the national stage between January 1 and December 31 of this year. Read more.
- RWS inovia and PatBase integration complete – The RWS inovia platform and PatBase were formally integrated in October. Our 1-click quote feature now obtains patent information from the PatBase system instead of from WIPO. Read more.
- Annual Global Patent & IP Trends Indicator was released – Now in its seventh year, the RWS inovia Indicator is a go-to resource for identifying the trends having the greatest impact on the foreign filing strategies of patentees around the world. Released in June, key findings included respondents cutting foreign filing costs by filing in fewer countries, bringing steps in-house and negotiating with their foreign counsel. Download here.
- China leads global patent application growth – China propelled global patents to a new record of 2.9 million applications in 2015. They were the first office to file more than a million applications in a calendar year. This is an overall growth rate of 7.8% over 2014 and the sixth year in a row patent prosecution rose according to WIPO’s annual World Intellectual Property Indicators (WIPI) report. Read more.
- UK set to ratify Unitary Patent – After months of uncertainty since the United Kingdom voted in favor of Brexit, the UK government gave a green light for the Unified Patent Court and Unitary Patent to proceed. We conducted a highly attended webinar on the subject matter in early October. Read more.
- The top global destinations for protecting your IP – Curious to know how to maximize your IP protection across the globe? Our Founder, Justin Simpson, sat down with Small Business Magazine to highlight the hot 5 IP locations in May. Read more.
Happy New Year, readers! Follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP for daily IP and foreign filing updates.