How do you say “It’s time to revive Latin America’s endangered languages” in Qom?
If you don’t know, just ask Cecilia Piaggio. Cecilia is the founder of Latin America Habla, a nonprofit organization dedicated to saving indigenous languages in Argentina and throughout Latin America—starting with Qom.
In this episode of Globally Speaking, Cecilia joins our hosts to discuss how she formed Latin America Habla, why it’s important to save South America’s dying languages, and how you can get involved.
- The movement to revive the Qom language in Argentina
- How to create written standards for spoken languages
- How to build demand for a new generation of speakers
- Strategies for driving interest and engagement
- How to expand the Qom model to other endangered languages
To listen to the episode, click “play” in the player below. You can also listen and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, Google Play (USA or Canada), Stitcher, via RSS or at www.globallyspeakingradio.com.
And to learn more about the Globally Speaking program, go to www.globallyspeakingradio.com, where you can listen to and download a full transcript of all episodes.