No LSP has a crystal ball, but our Globally Speaking hosts do have some very strong opinions about what lies ahead for the language industry in 2017.
And some of them might surprise you.
The localization industry is currently in a state of massive change. Advancements in neural machine translation. Newer and more innovative localization tools. The shift from keyboards to microphones. The meteoric rise of purchasing power in China and India.
All of these trends will affect the market’s need — and changing demand — for highly skilled localization professionals. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
In this episode of Globally Speaking, Renato and Michael highlight major industry changes that have happened this year, and predict what they believe are the most important trends, opportunities and challenges our industry will face in the year ahead.
Topics covered include:
- Neural MT and machine learning
- How virtual and augmented reality will drive translation demand
- The impact of the Asian markets on localization providers
- The difference between laptop- and mobile-first consumers
- The global expansion of Chinese and Indian platforms
- Why the transportation industry offers renewed growth opportunities
To learn more about this program, go to www.globallyspeakingradio.com, where you can listen to and also download a full transcript of all episodes.