We’ve compiled a shortlist of highlights from WIPO’s PCT newsletter, an excellent resource for IP professionals and patent applicants looking to stay on top of changes to the PCT system. Please see below for a recap of this month’s edition:
- The PCT welcomed its 148th contracting state with the addition of the Islamic Republic of Iran (IR). The country will become bound by the PCT on October 4, 2013.
- On June 21st, Samoa deposited its instrument of accession to the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property, making it the 175th member of the party. Roughly 90% of the world’s countries are bound by the Paris Convention.
- Recent fee changes by country (click here for full list):
- Croatia (HR) : Filing, examination, publication, and maintenance fees are reduced by 50% where the applicant is also the inventor.
- Slovakia (SK) : The new fee for requesting restoration of the right of priority: EUR 166.
- Hungary (HU) : National fees for a patent, where the Office is a designated Office: HUF 37,400; HUF 1,900 per claim for the 11th to the 20th claim