Market leader in localization, intellectual property support solutions and life sciences language services
- Number one position in the worldwide patent translation and patent filing market.
- The market leader in life sciences translations and linguistic validation.
- A leading provider of technology-enabled localization services to many of the world’s largest companies.
- A leading patent search service with the PatBase database covering over 57 million patent families.
Attractive, large and growing end markets with fragmented service provision
- RWS operates in attractive growth markets where specialist knowledge, reputation and scale are key.
- Service provision remains fragmented, providing opportunities to gain market share and consolidate.
- Well positioned to take advantage of the:
- Growth in technology and life sciences products and intellectual property protection.
- Trend towards globalization, which brings greater demand for language services.
- The increased outsourcing of intellectual property, localization and language services by multinationals to well-reputed partners of scale.
- Demand in the important North American and high growth Asian markets.
Diversified, international blue-chip client base
- A well-diversified client base by geography and sector:
- Client base spans Europe, North America and Asia.
- Clients include some of the largest global companies in the medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, automotive, technology and telecoms industries, including approximately half of the top 20 patent filers worldwide.
Strong track record of revenue, profit and dividend growth
- RWS has achieved 14 consecutive years of sales, profit and dividend growth since its flotation in 2003.
- Its reputation for quality, specialist focus, scale and efficiency have supported above-industry average margins.
A clear strategy to create long-term value, with a supportive financial position
- A clear strategy to grow internationally, both organically and by acquisition to enhance value for shareholders and other stakeholders:
- By retaining and growing its client base and increasing the levels of activity, range of services and geographical coverage provided to new and existing customers.
- By selectively acquiring complementary businesses with the potential to accelerate growth, deliver above-industry average margins, or reinforce the Group’s dominant position in intellectual property support solutions and language services.
- As a highly cash generative business with low capex requirements and a robust balance sheet, RWS is well positioned to invest in the business organically and by acquisition whilst retaining its progressive dividend policy.
An experienced management team and Board
- A broad executive management team and Board with longstanding experience and successful track records of achieving growth in the Group’s specialist areas of expertise.
- Guided by strong and experienced non-executive directors.