Japanese Content Writer
RWS Moravia |
Status: Independent Contractor (Freelance, work from home, 20+ hours per week)
RWS Moravia is looking for fluent Japanese freelance writers to join our team. This project for a high-profile, Fortune 500 client covers Japanese restaurants and shops across many different destinations in Japan. Candidates, who may be based anywhere in the world, will write factual, objective headlines and overviews in Japanese, ensuring accuracy and consistency of style, structure and voice. As well as adhering to client-specific guidelines, writers will liaise effectively with members of the in-house editorial team.
- All applicants must take and pass an unpaid writing test to be considered.
- An immediate start is expected upon successful completion of an unpaid training session.
- Full-time availability (20+ hours per week) for duration of project is preferred (3 to 4 months)
- No travel or in-person research is required.
- Accurate and efficient researcher
- Meticulous writer with exceptional command of Japanese grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to:
- follow very structured editorial guidelines and style
- prioritize content requirements based on audience and market
- adapt to new requirements, both editorial and technical, as the project develops
- Technologically savvy, preferably with experience in CMS (content management systems) and spreadsheets
- Excellent communication skills and time management; able to respond promptly and professionally to queries and directives from editors and project managers
- 3+ years of professional writing experience
- Proven delivery of quality content in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with travel & leisure market preferred, but not required
- Business Level English required: Candidates must be able to effectively communicate with management team in English. (Note: This is not a translation or localization position.)