Policy to Maintain Confidentiality of Customer’s DataWhen using SDL AdaptiveMT engines, SDL understands that the security and confidentiality of your data is of the upmost importance to you. The information below details how we protect the data you submit to the SDL AdaptiveMT engine for translation.
What happens to your source document and the translation produced?
- The data is translated by your AdaptiveMT engine in SDL Trados Studio. SDL does not retain copies of the source document or translated materials. Your data is not shared with or used by any another customer.
- The Statistical Model generated by SDL’s AdaptiveMT engine, is unique to you, stored within your SDL AdaptiveMT engine and not accessible by any other customers. The Statistical Model consists of various statistical information related to the co-occurrence of source and target words.
- The SDL AdaptiveMT engine is hosted on a third party data centre, further details are below
SDL AdaptiveMT Server HostingSDL AdaptiveMT engine servers are located in the United States and hosted on AMAZON AWS servers. For details of specific AWS servers cloud compliance and security information please refer to the following link https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/
Data security policy
- SDL and its subcontractors will maintain appropriate security procedures and practices to safeguard the product and your data against unauthorized access and to maintain the confidentiality of your data in accordance with the applicable law. The data is encrypted when in transit between your device and the SDL system and our product is hosted in a third party data centre with industry leading security.
- The Internet is an inherently open and insecure means of communication, any data a user transmits over the Internet may be susceptible to interception and alteration. SDL makes no guarantee regarding, and assumes no liability for, the security and integrity of any data you transmit over the Internet, including any data transmitted via any server designated as "secure". You should not have an expectation of privacy in any content, including accounts of files transmitted through the internet.
Permitted Use and Personal Data
1. SDL provides the SDL AdaptiveMT engine for your use in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, codes of conduct (including voluntary codes of conduct), guidelines, directions, policies and/or other requirements including, without limitation, all applicable state, federal, national, and international internet, data, telecommunications, marketing, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws, regulations and procedures adopted from time to time. You acknowledge that by providing you access to the SDL AdaptiveMT engine, SDL is acting as a passive conduit for your activities and SDL is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to your activities.
2. SDL has no control over the nature of the data you will submit for translation. If you submit personal data SDL will act only as a data processor as defined in EU Regulation 2016/679 and you will remain responsible for the personal data as data controller. SDL’s processing is limited to provision of the SDL AdaptiveMT engine and related infrastructure.SDL: means SDL Limited, a company registered in England with registered number 02675207 of New Globe House, Vanwall Road, Vanwall Business Park, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 4UB, United Kingdom, and includes all its affiliate and subsidiary companies and entities.