Board of Directors
Chief Financial Officer
- RWS Chief Financial Officer (November 2017 – Present)
- Chief Financial Officer, GAN Plc (2008 – November 2017)
- Senior Finance Director, Rodale International (October 2002 – March 2007)
- VP Finance, PredictIt.com (August 1999 – July 2001)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst / Financial Controller, Primedia Inc (May 1996 – August 1999)
- Senior Internal Audit, ABC (October 1994 – May 1996)
- Senior – Audit Practice, Deloitte LLP (1990-1994)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Imperial College London
- Bachelor of Commerce, University College Dublin
- Chartered Accountant, Deloitte
Chief Financial Officer: responsible for all aspects of the global finance function and supports the CEO, Board and Executive team on all key commercial and strategic initiatives.
Highly experienced leader: Desmond has almost 20 years’ experience in senior finance roles across a range of sectors in UK and US headquartered businesses with international operations. He had a central role in GAN’s development from internet start-up to its IPO in November 2013, and subsequently increasing the company’s market profile with both existing shareholders and the wider investment community.
Alternative Investment Market (AIM) experience: as CFO for GAN plc, Desmond was instrumental in preparing the company for its successful AIM public listing in November 2013, and subsequently expanding the company’s operations and delivery capability across the US and Europe.
Finance strategy design and delivery: at GAN plc Desmond took the financial lead in driving the US market entry strategy and played a key role in expanding the company’s operations and delivery across the US and Europe. During his time at Rodale International, Desmond took on the role of shaping and delivering the financial strategy of the international portfolio of joint ventures and licensees of this market leading health and wellness media company.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland