Managing Director, Patent Information
- Managing Director, Patent Information division (April 2017 – Present)
- Deputy Managing Director, Patent Translation & Filing division (April 2017 – Present)
- Technical Director (January 2012 - Present)
- Deputy Managing Director, UK Translation division (June 2006 – March 2017)
- Translator (1995 – 2006)
- Translation Checker (1993 - 1995)
- Translator, Daimler-Benz AG (1991-1992)
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages, University of Bradford
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Thames Valley University
Managing Director, Patent Information: overall managerial responsibility for Search, Watch and Documentation services, and the RWS side of PatBase.
Deputy Managing Director, Patent Translation & Filing: focus on translation quality and translation technology, combined with managerial responsibility for Asia operations.
Technical Director: Group-wide responsibility for the development and deployment of translation technology, including machine translation.
Highly experienced leader with extensive market and industry knowledge: over 24 years of experience in various positions across RWS, including more than a decade in key linguistic roles. Neil uses his deep knowledge of the translation and intellectual property industries to engage with clients and ensure that our product and service quality meets and exceeds expectations.
Strong technical skills: building on his long-standing involvement in customer-facing technology platforms such as inovia and PatBase, Neil drives the early adoption of advanced software solutions into our business to improve internal efficiency and end-user experience.
International experience: acts as the interface between Head Office and our sales and production sites in China and Japan, delivering harmonized processes and combined strategic initiatives.