For ambitious marketers, pay-per-click (PPC) is an agile way to enter and explore new markets. It’s one of the most profitable marketing channels when it comes to generating higher ROI.
Big Bus Tours is the largest operator of open-top sightseeing tours in the world. But they wanted to get bigger still by drastically increasing their visibility in the 17 cities it operates in worldwide—with London, New York, Paris, San Francisco, and Dubai the priorities.
We put together a PPC digital media campaign in five different languages—targeting tourists in more than 150 countries worldwide.
Here’s how we did it
- Used expert research into country-specific and language-specific factors to create PPC ads that different nationalities of tourists would click on
- Found the important keywords and used them to shape SEO and formulate a search term bidding strategy
- Created four personas, mapped their customer journeys, then used these insights to optimize campaign costs and conversions
- Continually tested and refined creative content using quantitative and qualitative insights
- https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/147991/2018/Transcreation/Icons/MOR_Icons-01.svg?t=1519802437003Increased visibility for unique search terms by 43%
- https://cdn2.hubspot.net/hubfs/147991/2018/Transcreation/Icons/MOR_Icons-04.svg?t=151980243700335% increase in sales in the first year—generating £6.75 million in revenue