A first impression can be a lasting impression, and for global businesses, that means releasing fully functional, user friendly products right out of the box, no matter what language their customers speak. Anything else is brand-damaging.
Our client, a leading smart-home device manufacturer, had been conducting functional and linguistic tests of their devices for their three target markets. But with ambitious expansion goals and an in-house team of just three testers, keeping up was impossible. They needed to expand their team without headcount, collaborate without managing them, and test in a secure environment to keep IP under control.
Here’s how we helped
- Recruited native speakers of the target languages with testing experience and familiarity with home security products
- Onboarded a team of 10 testers in just 4 weeks
- Established key performance indicators and productivity targets
- Adapted English testing plans and scripts for the localized languages
- Conducted testing in our secure Monterey, CA, office—mere minutes from the client
- Implemented a bug-tracking system for managing changes
- Collaborated closely with the client as an extension of their team
- Language scope more than doubled in less than one year
- Updates released on-time, with testing cycles of under 2 weeks
- Testing team grew 300% in 6 months
- Nearly 25% more bugs are caught pre-release
- Original testers able to take on higher value tasks