Good afternoon and Happy 2014! We woke up this morning to our first major snowstorm here in New York City. Let’s hope it is warmer in your neck of the woods! Below, I’ve recapped the first major foreign filing stories for the year:
- The USPTO is set to host a forum to discuss the implementation of Title I of the Patent Law Treaties Implementation Act of 2012.
- The Select Committee of the Administrative Council held its sixth meeting in Munich last month.
- An article from our friends at IPWatchdog, “What happens to IP law in 2014?”
- Will Apple and Samsung have a patent deal by next week? They have a deadline of January 8th, we’ll see if they can come to an agreement soon!
Thanks for checking in this week. For more information relating to foreign patent filing, follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP.
Hello to all of our IP friends! Take a look at the foreign filing/patenting news for the week of May 7th:
- The USPTO is testing a new pilot program allowing applicants to have an Information Disclosure Statement (IDS) considered without filing a Request for Continued Examination (RCE).
- “Innovations that are protected by IP are worth on average between 180 – 240% more than those that aren’t protected” via InnovationManagement.
- Deciding Where to Pursue Patent Rights: Gene Quinn of IPWatchdog shares advice on patent filing at the international level and best practices for portfolio management.
- This chart illustrates the USPTO’s successful efforts to reduce the backlog of unexamined cases over the last 16 months.
Upcoming: Join us for a live event on May 22nd for International Patenting Strategies “101” to get an overview of the foreign filing process and cost-cutting strategies for patent applicants. And follow us! @inoviaIP
Hi everyone! Take a look at these foreign filing/patenting news bits from the week of April 23rd:
- April 26th marked World Intellectual Property Day 2012, first initiated by WIPO’s member states in 2000 as a time to celebrate visionary innovators and the contributions they make to the IP space.
- The EPO is joining forces with Logica to introduce a fully digital and innovative patent office, allowing for higher efficiency in patent searching, filing, examination, and more.
- Just weeks after acquiring Instagram, Facebook strikes another big deal, purchasing over 800 of AOL’s patents from Microsoft.
- Is it possible to obtain a world-wide patent application? What is the national stage? How does one determine where to file for patent protection? Check out this article for great information on the PCT process via IPWatchdog.
- inovia news: Last week, we celebrated our 10th anniversary! Click here to see what some of our clients have to say about their experience with inovia as a strategic partner in the foreign filing space.
We tweet, too! Follow us @inoviaIP. Have a good weekend!