A few weeks ago, we hosted a webinar on the topic of portals and their effect on the IP industry. In the program, legal consultant Duncan Hart presented his views on the commoditization of the IP industry, specifically how portals, such as inovia and CPA Global, are changing (for better or for worse) the traditional law firm ecosystem. If you haven’t already, I encourage you to take an hour to watch the program.
Hi everybody! This is what we found in the way of foreign filing news from the week of Feb. 4th (it’s already February!):
- One report found that the number of patents being filed in the U.S. has increased by “historically high levels.”
- Colombia recently named several patent offices (the EPO and the Russian Federation, among others) as new International Preliminary Examining Authorities for local applicants.
- WIPO has updated its PCT Fee Tables to account for slight changes in international filing fees.
- How are online portals changing the traditional law firm ecosystem? Two experts weigh in>
- What inventions do you most wish to see in the near future? The techies at Huffington Post compiled their list, and some of these may just line up with yours!
Have a good weekend and don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP!