Good morning and Happy Friday. Below are the latest updates in foreign patent filing news for the week of July 8th:
- The USPTO and SIPO launched the Global Patent Search Network allowing users to search Chinese patent documents.
- Iran became the 148th PCT Contracting State on July 4th and the PCT will become active on October 4, 2013.
- The search to find a permanent home for the Silicon Valley patent office has been put on hold.
- Recently, patent offices in Singapore and China launched a two year Patent Prosecution Highway pilot program.
That’s all for this week! Please be sure to check us out on Twitter @inoviaIP.
We hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! See below for the latest updates in patenting/foreign filing news for this past week:
- The United States ranked 5th for the 2013 Global Innovation Index, while Switzerland and Sweden rounded out the top two respectively.
- Singapore and Mexico signed a memorandum to improve the quality of their patent application procedures this week.
- For the first time, Africa is set to receive a Chief IP Officer.
- inovia news: Please make sure to check out our recent post, “IP Enforcement in Honduras – Patent Enforcement Proceedings.”
Have a great weekend and be sure to follow us on Twitter @inoviaIP!