Under the direct supervision of a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager or Program Manager, the Associate Project Manager is a key member of a project team, working closely with the team leader, Technical Services, and Quality Assurance. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for successful execution of standard quotes and projects while simultaneously managing the work of one or more client accounts to ensure client satisfaction, establish consistent high-quality on-time deliverables as well as assisting in identifying and growing the account’s potential based on predefined objectives. As assigned by the supervisor, the role will communicate with clients related to day to day items such as clarification of work to be performed, update project status, and provide timelines for delivery.
The Associate Project Manager will actively participate in meetings to discuss open and emerging business issues for assigned accounts and make recommendations for improvements. They may assist the Project Manager/Senior Project Manager in providing guidance to junior level team members and the completion of special projects.
- Support team with regards to client requirements, needs and requests such as asset management, reporting and meetings.
- Act as backup client contact when team members are absent.
- Contribute to presentations educating clients about particular projects, project types or about RWS Life Sciences in general.
- Assist in managing client assets.
- Participate in the client Post-Mortem process.
- Manage client relationships and provide regular status reports on projects.
- Maintain positive client perceptions.
- Ensure client satisfaction by proactively seeking and offering solutions.
- Address day to day client queries and concerns with guidance from immediate supervisor. Escalate to immediate supervisor client issues related to more complex or general account items.
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner.
- Identify, communicate, and manage production risks as appropriate to eliminate potential pitfalls or obstacles.
- Engage in quotation preparation.
- Launch and coordinate standard projects which includes functions such as negotiating budgets, scheduling, resource allocation and work assignments.
- Project work may be reviewed by Project Manager.
- Perform housekeeping duties which include project closures, Translation Memory updates and folder structure maintenance.
- Produce reports and develop internal Post-Mortems to help improve processes and reduce risk.
- Ensure strict adherence to deadlines, budgets and the completion of high-quality deliverables.
- Follow up on purchase orders, approve invoices and escalate payment issues where necessary.
- Assist in or lead the creation of custom workflows and project instructions.
- Approve Project Plans (including vendor purchase orders) for specified accounts prior to project launch.
- Collaborate in the CAPA process with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborate with the Vendor Relations team to negotiate competitive rates.
- Create and send POs to external resources.
- Ensure project resources have the necessary tools and information to accomplish tasks.
- Alert resources of schedule or scope changes.
- Provide feedback to Vendor Relations on external resource performance.
- Support Global Account team to improve overall budget, efficiency and quality.
- Gather information to forecast upcoming work on various accounts and alert the team as necessary.
- Assist with account-related meetings and presentations.
- Support execution of approved account opportunities and their implementation.
- Support team members as necessary to perform and complete daily project tasks
- Make recommendations for process improvements to have a positive impact on profitability and/or quality.
- Mentor Project Coordinators and other junior staff as needed.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources team to hire new team members where necessary.
- Provide feedback regarding performance of junior staff as requested.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide appropriate guidance when needed.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures, clients requirements, and other production processing issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype, CRM/AURORA/other production software).
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to performance of work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field.
- One to three years of hands-on experience coordinating projects within the localization or translation industry
- Demonstrated successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of one year
- Computing skills, including experience with TRADOS or other translation management tools (CAT, or Computer Aided Translation tools) and publishing applications (e.g., FrameMaker, InDesign, etc.)
- Demonstrated successful leadership or mentoring experience preferred.
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.