RS Components grows online catalogue by reducing translation times to one day
Electronic components company RS Components serves more than a million customers worldwide with more than 600,000 products. The company needed to ensure that its website held a full product offering in all of its 12 core languages, but growing volumes of content and a limited budget made human translation impossible.
It was clear a more strategic approach was needed, so RS Components began to explore whether machine translation might be the answer.
- Translate increasing volumes of content on limited budget
- Decrease publishing time from English into local languages
- Provide the full product offering in 12 core languages
- Implement a scalable solution to translate high volumes of content
- Reduction in publishing time from 5-10 days to 1-2 days
- Noticeable reduction in costs
- Shift in focus from manual to automated translation
- Rapid expansion of the RS Components catalogue
More customer stories
Best Buy Canada
Government of Ireland