A unique world-leading provider of technology-enabled language, content and intellectual property services
- One of the world's largest language services providers.
- A leading provider of technology-enabled localization services to many of the world’s largest companies.
- Number one position in the worldwide patent translation and patent filing market.
- Number two position in life sciences translations and linguistic validation.
- A leading patent search service.
- RWS’s content management technologies are used by some of the globe’s largest companies, and are proven to deliver significant efficiencies.
- A leader and pioneer in machine translation (MT), first to productize MT in 2005, and RWS’s Neural MT research team is accredited with more than 45 patents and 200 peer-reviewed publications.
Attractive, large and growing end markets with fragmented service provision
- RWS operates in attractive growth markets where specialist knowledge, reputation and scale are critical.
- Service provision remains fragmented, providing opportunities to gain market share and consolidate.
- We are well-diversified, and strongly positioned to take advantage of:
- Ongoing growth in technology, life sciences, intellectual property protection and other end markets.
- Trend towards globalization, which brings greater demand for digital content and language services.
- Increased outsourcing of localization, language and intellectual property services by multinationals to well-reputed partners of scale.
- High growth markets, particularly in Asia-Pacific and North America.
Diversified, international blue-chip client base
A well-diversified client base by geography and sector:
- Client base spans Europe, Asia Pacific, and North and South America.
- 90 of the world’s top 100 brands by value, all the top 10 pharmaceutical companies globally, many of the major West Coast technology businesses, and 19 of top 20 patent filers worldwide.
- Customers are in the technology, pharmaceutical, medical, legal, chemical, automotive, government, telecommunications and multiple other sectors.
- Established partnerships with many clients and high average levels of tenure.
A unique global platform which allows us to deliver 24/7 for our clients via a blend of human expertise and technology:
- We have the largest linguist network in the sector, with a 2,000 strong internal team, complemented by access to 29,000 freelance experts.
- True global coverage, with a presence in 36 countries and freelancers in 169 countries.
- Our own linguistic AI / machine translation and productivity solutions, which enable the Group to be efficient as well as providing a growth opportunity via product technology solutions for clients.
Strong track record of revenue, profit and dividend growth
- Sales and dividends have increased every year since RWS's flotation in November 2003, and profit in 17 out of 18 years.
- Strong reputation for quality, specialist focus, scale and efficiency have supported above-industry average margins.
A clear strategy to create long-term value, with a supportive financial position
- A clear strategy to grow internationally, both organically and by acquisition, to enhance value for shareholders and other stakeholders:
- By retaining and growing its client base and increasing the levels of activity, range of services and geographical coverage provided to new and existing customers.
- By taking advantage of the market consolidation opportunity to selectively acquire complementary businesses with the potential to accelerate growth, deliver above-industry average margins, reinforce the Group’s leading positions in its chosen markets and add to our scalable platform.
- As a highly cash generative business with low capex requirements and a robust balance sheet, RWS is well positioned to invest in the business organically and by acquisition whilst retaining its progressive dividend policy.
An experienced management team and Board
- An executive management team and Board with long standing experience and successful track records of achieving growth in the Group’s specialist areas of expertise.
- Guided by strong and experienced Non-Executive Directors.