Click-through rate (CTR) is a metric that measures the percentage of users who click on a specific link or advertisement out of the total number of people who viewed it. It is commonly used to assess the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns and determine user engagement with a particular piece of content. It is a core performance metric that is tracked in the digital experience space, alongside conversion rate, bounce rate and others.
- Evaluating the performance of display advertising by tracking the percentage of users who click on the advertisement out of those who see it.
- Monitoring the click-through rate of email marketing campaigns to determine user interest and engagement.
- Analyzing the effectiveness of call-to-action buttons on a website by measuring the percentage of visitors who click on them.
- Measuring the success of social media posts and campaigns by calculating the click-through rate on shared links.
- Conducting A/B testing to compare the click-through rates of different variations of a webpage or advertisement.