Component Content Management System (CCMS)
A CCMS is a content management system that allows you to manage content as individual components, as opposed to entire documents. A component could be a word, phrase, paragraph, series of paragraphs, image, video, table or any other ‘piece’ or ‘module’ of content.
A CCMS also tracks information about components – called metadata – so that the system knows the location of components, their relationship to one another, and their uses and status. This makes content much easier to manage and search for.
In a CCMS, the structure of content is standardized. This simplifies the management of ‘modular’ or ‘componentized’ content, and allows it to be used and reused in multiple different publications.
- Centralize content storage
- Enable smart search
- Link and reuse content
- Facilitate collaborative, topic-based authoring
- Publish across multiple channels
- Reuse content instead of copy and pasting or rewriting
- Simple version control with a single source of truth
- Publish content in multiple places all at once
- Improve collaboration and automation
- Better information search capabilities
- Ease of links and content maintenance
- Reduce translation costs
- Improve content quality