Digital Experience Platform
A Digital Experience Platform (DXP) is a set of technologies that allows businesses to manage the digital experience – mostly for customers, but it can also be used for partners, affiliates and employees.
The digital experience (DX) is primarily driven by content, so with most DXPs a Web Content Management System forms the foundation of the platform. This is then enhanced with additional capabilities such as ecommerce, campaign management, marketing automation, analytics, a customer data platform (CDP) and other technologies in an all-encompassing platform that can manage the end-to-end customer journey.
Alternatively, you can construct a Composable DXP, where not all the DXP pieces are sourced from a single vendor, but are instead connected through integrations. This allows organizations to keep large portions of their existing DXP stack and just swap out the pieces that need replacing.
- Manage the delivery of content and cross-channel experience of your customers
- Collect real-time data from your customers
- Gather intelligence on your customers’ digital journeys
- More holistic approach towards managing the digital experience – ensuring smoother transitions between digital touchpoints
- Helps reduce the number of vendors you need to work with
- Reduces (but doesn’t entirely eliminate) the need for bespoke integrations with third-party technologies through pre-integrated tools and feature sets