Field service productivity
Field service can be defined as a wide range of services offered by an organization as part of their ongoing support and maintenance contract. These services are typically performed outside of company premises. In addition, these services require a lot of coordination, communication, dispatch support and information access from various functions to be a success.
Field service productivity is the process of streamlining the operations which support field agents to be successful in the field by helping to improve mean time to repair (MTTR), average response time (ART), first time fix rates (FTFR) and other key metrics. In short, reducing non-productive time attached to paperwork, administrative tasks or collaboration.
How can structured content management contribute to field service productivity?
- Quick access to information: By storing information in a structured format, field service technicians can quickly and easily find the information they need to perform their tasks, reducing the amount of time they spend searching for information.
- Standardized procedures: Structured content management can help ensure that field service technicians are following standardized procedures, reducing the chances of mistakes and increasing the efficiency of their work.
- Improved communication: Structured content management can make it easier for field service technicians to share information with each other, improving communication and collaboration among team members.
- Better training: Structured content management can provide field service technicians with easy access to training materials, allowing them to learn new skills and procedures more quickly and effectively.
- Remote support: By having access to information from the field, remote support teams can have a better understanding of the situation and provide more accurate information and support.
- Predictive maintenance: By having a structured information about the equipment and their history, it can help organizations to anticipate and prevent equipment failures, reducing downtime and maintenance costs.
- Increased customer satisfaction: By providing field service technicians with the information they need to perform their tasks quickly and efficiently, structured content management can help increase customer satisfaction.