Best Buy Canada translates more content faster, fuelling growth
How do you easily scale translation while cutting its cost? With a quality neural machine translation and post-editing service.
Multinational consumer electronics retailer Best Buy Canada had an agreement with the Office québécois de la langue française to publish translated web stock-keeping units (SKUs) 72 hours after the English versions were published. Within a few years, the volume of content to be translated had begun to strain capacity and budget.
“Today, I am proud to say that we have reached the best balance between quality, cost and long-term performance. RWS is like an extension of my in-house team and we work together for quality and consistency while meeting the deadlines.”
- Pressure on human translation due to increasing volumes and shorter timelines
- Desire for reduced translation costs without sacrificing quality
- Need for better communication, forecasting and planning
- Scalability of translation teams
- 43% cost reduction thanks to machine translation
- Translation quality maintained with machine translation and post-editing workflow
- Better planning and fewer disruptions thanks to service level agreement, forecasting and regular team calls
- 48-hour turnaround for 20,000-25,000 translated words