RS Components grows online catalogue by reducing translation times to one day
RS Components implements a machine translation solution to translate its new product offering into 12 languages faster and at reduced cost.
Electronic components company RS Components serves more than a million customers worldwide with more than 600,000 products. The company needed to ensure that its website held a full product offering in all of its 12 core languages, but growing volumes of content and a limited budget made human translation impossible.
It was clear a more strategic approach was needed, so RS Components began to explore whether machine translation might be the answer.
“Sharing strategic objectives made us see the problem from a different perspective and find an innovative solution for a more agile translation strategy.”
- Translate increasing volumes of content on limited budget
- Decrease publishing time from English into local languages
- Provide the full product offering in 12 core languages
- Implement a scalable solution to translate high volumes of content
- Reduction in publishing time from 5-10 days to 1-2 days
- Noticeable reduction in costs
- Shift in focus from manual to automated translation
- Rapid expansion of the RS Components catalogue
More customer stories
Best Buy Canada
How do you easily scale translation while cutting its cost? With a quality neural machine translation and post-editing service.
Government of Ireland
Our machine translation (MT) scientists and engineers work with a renowned MT R&D group at Dublin City University to develop a scalable solution for English-Irish translation.
US Army personnel stationed in South Korea work closely with South Korean Army personnel. The language barrier that they face can lead to misunderstandings, but the division’s translation resources are limited and paid professional interpreters are only available to high-level officers.