PatBase is a global platform and is the only commercial database designed by professional searchers, for professional searchers.
RWS originally designed an internal database to provide our searchers with a superior professional search tool. We then joined forces with Minesoft Ltd and, in 2003, launched PatBase as a powerful international patent database. Today, over 50,000 users worldwide have access to +109 million patent and related documents on a user-friendly interface available in English, Japanese and Chinese.
- Flexibility: choice of command line or search forms to create queries.
- Coverage: over 66 million full text documents from over 105 authorities worldwide, grouped in families for efficient searching.
- Machine translations: important data is accessible in most languages.
- Integrated links: click-through services to extend and verify your search beyond the front page.
- Customizable display: tailor the record display according to your needs.
- Highlighting functions: automatic keyword highlighting and a Hit Analyzer for easy review of full text.
- Graphical overview: snapshot tool for immediate overview of trends, or the Visual Explorer in PatBase Express to explore results.
- Custom display fields: tag records with valuable internal classification fields – these client-specific criteria can be made searchable.
- Dynamic Folders: share results folders with colleagues for collaborative work or publish to external users or clients.
- Alerts & RSS feeds: automatically monitor a competitor or technology area and send results to unlimited recipients.
- Express users: publish PatBase folders to PatBase Express to share important records with your end users.
- Identify emerging trends from your results and create reports to communicate your findings with colleagues.
- Flexible exports: batch export data in XML or CSV for analysis, or create reports in HTML, Word or Excel.
- PatBase Analytics is fully integrated into PatBase and PatBase Express.
- Visualize patent data through detailed and transparent graphs to extract meaningful insights, gain competitive intelligence and understand the landscape.
- Export for further analysis: export directly to third-party tools for further analysis.
- PatBase is available for one fixed annual subscription charge. All PatBase subscribers automatically get access to PatBase Express – the search interface designed for end users.