* Power of Attorney forms and assignments must be legalized via the Apostille procedure.
• A certified and Apostilled copy of the certificate of incorporation or Extract from the Commercial Register of the applicant company, or certificate of good standing is required. If the Power of Attorney is general, it can be used with one of these documents to support future applications.
• A certified copy of the Priority Document and its simple English translation (in case of non-English language) should be submitted at the time of filing the application. Late filing of these documents is possible within three months from the application filing date but will result in a late fee, invoiced by the agent.
• The Power of Attorney, assignment and certificate of incorporation should be submitted to the GCC Patent Office within three months from the date of filing the application (no further extensions available).
• All filing documents, such as the Power of Attorney, assignments and certificate of incorporation, must be translated into English and Arabic. The Arabic translations must be completed by a certified translator. The agent invoices the client directly for these charges, and also for any late submission of missing documents.
• The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is also known as the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and comprises three member states: Bahrain, Kuwait and Qatar.