RWS Candidate Privacy Notice
RWS Holdings PLC (Europa House Chiltern Park Chiltern Hill Chalfont St Peter SL9 9FG England, UK) along with our subsidiaries and affiliates in the RWS Group of organisations (collectively, “RWS”) respects the privacy of every individual who visits our career site or responds to our communications.
This Candidate Privacy Notice outlines the personal data RWS processes in respect of all applicants for roles in any RWS Group organisation.
Throughout this notice we will refer to you as "you" or "your". We will refer to the RWS organisation as “RWS” please ask your recruitment contact for details of the specific RWS organisation offering the role for which you are applying.
Any changes we make to this Candidate Privacy Notice will be posted on this page and will become effective 28 days after posting. You should bookmark and periodically review this page to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version of this Candidate Privacy Notice.
In order to apply for a role with a RWS Group organisation you will have to provide personal data or else your application cannot proceed. Where the provision of data is optional this will be clearly indicated, and you may choose not to provide the data requested while your application is processed.
This Candidate Privacy Notice provides specific information on processing personal data pf applicants and ought to be read in conjunction with the RWS Privacy Notice and RWS Group Employee Fair Processing Notice which provide further detail on how RWS processes and protects personal data.
Personal data is information about yourself that you provide to RWS, or RWS obtains about you from third parties, such as your referees, credit agencies or through background checking agencies.
This personal data is obtained in the context of your application for a role with RWS and from which you can be identified, either directly or indirectly.
This personal data will be referred to as “Applicant Data” and can include:
- Identity information: such as name, gender, marital status, personal email, job title, nationality, passport number, visa information, home address, telephone numbers and previous residential address and languages spoken.
- Recruitment data: such as education and training, qualifications, current and/or desired salary, CV and application, interview and assessment data, previous work history, prior RWS role application history, recruitment interviewer notes.
- Background data: such as references, vetting and verification information, information displayed on LinkedIn and other social media or public forums.
- Directly from when completing online job applications or by providing it to the RWS recruitment teams or otherwise during the application and recruitment process.
- Further information about you will be generated by RWS internal sources. This could include assessment results and interview feedback. This may include materials created by the relevant recruitment specialist, interviewers, and the hiring manager.
- You may also be referred to us by an existing RWS employee or third party Partners which work in cooperation with RWS or recruitment agency.
- Some information may be gathered from publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn.
- We may also obtain some information from other third parties, for example, references from a previous employer, tax authorities, benefit providers or in limited cases, where we employ a third party to carry out a background check (where permitted by applicable law).
The Applicant Data will be used for the purpose of processing your application for employment with a RWS Group organisation. RWS fully reviews applications to ensure only suitable and appropriate candidates are both assessed and selected.
In some cases, this process will include appropriate Background checking or vetting including, where relevant and appropriate, credit checks, right to work verification, identity fraud checks, criminal record checks (if and to the extent permitted by applicable laws), relevant employment history, relevant regulatory status, and professional qualifications.
The personal data of third parties will be processed for the purposes of your recruitment purposes (as described in more detail below) and the Applicant Data will be processed in accordance with and any applicable laws, this Candidate Privacy Notice, the RWS Privacy Notice and RWS Group Employee Fair Processing Notice.
RWS will process your Applicant Data to comply with any legal obligation to which RWS is subject, subject to compliance with applicable law, such as obligations under employment tor diversity law. In the event of any legal claims arising in the pursuit or defence of such claims.
RWS will process your Applicant Data for the compatible purpose of Recruitment planning, including the use of the Applicant Data to create profiles (“Applicant Profiles”) to be included within the RWS Talent Community to enable RWS to consider you for any suitable positions that become available in the future.
If you are successful in your application your Applicant Data will be used to complete the recruitment process and thereafter in connection with your employment with RWS.
As part of the recruitment process, we may process the following categories of sensitive Applicant Data:
- Disability (in order, to make necessary adjustments for interviews when requested).
- Race & Ethnicity as part of our commitment to a fully inclusive and diverse workplace. These will only be used in aggregated outputs.
- Biometrics for the purposes of identity verification/’Right to Work’.
- Criminal Records information (where applicable to the job role).
If any additional processing is proposed RWS will seek your consent to any processing which is not otherwise justified under one of the above bases. If consent is required for the processing in question, it will be sought from you separately to ensure that it is freely given, informed and explicit. Information regarding such processing will be provided to you at the time that consent is requested, along with any impact of not providing any such consent. You should be aware that it is not a condition or requirement of your application to agree to any request for consent from RWS.
Our purposes for processing your Applicant Data is to assess your suitability for a role you have applied for and to help us develop and improve our recruitment process.
The lawful basis we rely upon for processing your Applicant Data are:
- Processing necessary to perform a contract or to take steps at your request, before entering a contract.
- Processing of any sensitive Applicant Data will be for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising the rights of you or RWS in the field of employment law, social security, and social protection law, to the extent permissible and required under applicable law.
- Where permissible we process information about criminal convictions and offences for the legitimate interest of determining the suitability of a candidate.
Within the RWS Group of organisations, your personal data can be accessed by or may be disclosed internally on a need-to-know basis to members of the recruitment and Human Resources teams, staff members involved in the recruitment process in connection with your application and managers making decisions in connection with the relevant recruitment exercise.
If your application is unsuccessful RWS will retain your Applicant Data and profile information for a period of two years from the date you last log into the recruitment portal. Deletion takes place at the end of the month in which the two year anniversary arises.
You are entitled to request the deletion of your Applicant Data at any time. RWS will comply with such requests in accordance with applicable law, which may require or allow RWS to retain some or all the Applicant Data.
There are some circumstances where RWS may be a Joint Controller of your personal data with another Data Controller, such as, for example, where we are working with a Partner etc.
Where RWS is a Joint Controller, RWS will be responsible for the personal data RWS holds and processes. The other Joint Controller will be responsible for the personal data they hold and process.