SDL Announces Instant Translation for Live Agent on the Salesforce AppExchange, the World's Leading Enterprise Apps Marketplace
Customers Benefit from Ability to Host Real-Time Chats with Customers in Multiple Languages
9/28/2017 3:01:23 PM
SDL Instant Translation for Live Agent is now available on the Salesforce AppExchange, empowering businesses to connect with their customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on patented Machine Translation technology, SDL Instant Translation for Live Agent helps organisations better serve their global customers, regardless of their spoken language.
Built on the Salesforce Platform, SDL Instant Translation for Live Agent is currently available on the Salesforce AppExchange at: https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000EJHWOUA5
The technology integrates with Salesforce Live Agent, enabling agents to identify the customer’s native language as part of any inbound chat. It then translates the text – in real-time – into the agent’s native language. This means that a single agent with limited foreign language skills can still communicate clearly with customers from multiple countries. Customers benefit from immediate answers to their queries without having to queue for available agents who speak their local language.
In addition, SDL Instant Translation for Live Agent offers:
- Quality: Advanced machine translation technology for an even greater level of localization automation. Companies can train their own engines and use their own terminology.
- Traceability: Bilingual chat content is available for the agent and customer to save for later reference.
- Quality control: Agents can verify the translation retains the original meaning by automatically reverse-checking the translation, ensuring it’s accurate.
- Pre-translated popular phrases: Pre-translated versions of the Quick Text phrases can be leveraged by agents to maximize their efficiency and deliver consistent translation.
- Partners supported: Also available for third parties to include in their own applications.
- Any device, anywhere: Provides a multi-channel experience, available via browser, mobile or tablet.
Comments on the News
“Businesses today are looking for better ways to engage with consumers in their own language,” said Thomas Labarthe, EVP of Business and Corporate Development, SDL. “With SDL Instant Translation for Live Agent, companies can now efficiently engage with consumers 24/7 – in multiple languages – and deliver the experience they’ve come to expect.”
“Everyone and everything is getting smarter and more connected than ever before, and companies are looking to transform the way they connect with customers, partners and employees,” said Kori O’Brien, SVP, ISV Sales, Salesforce. “By leveraging the power of the Salesforce Platform, SDL provides customers with an exciting new way to engage with customers in multiple languages.”
AppExchange Salesforce AppExchange is the world’s leading enterprise apps marketplace that empowers companies to sell, service, market and engage in entirely new ways. With 3,000 partner apps and more than 4 million customer installs, it is the most comprehensive source of cloud, mobile, social, IoT, analytics and artificial intelligence technologies for businesses.
- Like Salesforce on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/salesforce
- Follow Salesforce on Twitter: https://twitter.com/salesforce