S1000D – an XML-based specification for authoring, managing, distributing and consuming technical product information – has become the de facto standard for manuals and other technical publications in the aerospace and defense industry for land, air and sea equipment. If that isn't reason enough for suppliers to this industry to adopt it, S1000D brings a range of other benefits, including:
- Efficient reuse of content
- Advanced version control
- Automation of many of the steps in creating and publishing technical information, including multichannel delivery
- Greater, more controlled collaboration between authors and reviewers
- Efficient tracking for project managers
- Support for features specifically designed to help technicians work with products in the field
Download this white paper for a comprehensive introduction to S1000D and the many ways it can benefit your business.