Bird improves user experience of its app in seven languages
Bird is a leader in environmentally friendly electric transportation, allowing customers to rent e-scooters and e-bikes in over 350 cities around the world through a mobile app, which is translated into multiple languages. Given Bird’s geographic footprint, building brand trust through linguistically and culturally relevant translations is a particular priority in seven languages: Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.
Bird was seeking both reliable, high-quality translation services and an efficient translation software solution. They settled on two providers: RWS, to provide high-quality translations; and Lokalise, a platform designed especially for managing the localization of digital content, including web and mobile apps.
“The collaboration with Lokalise and RWS really helped us improve the quality of our translations, as well as removing the friction from the process and making it much more efficient.”
- Improve translation quality
- Implement an efficient language technology solution
- Provide a better app user experience across seven key languages
- Translation turnaround now just 3-4 days
- 24-hour turnaround for urgent jobs
- Linguistic improvements in 7 languages
- ~57,000 words translated a month
- Seamless collaboration between Bird, Lokalise and RWS