Your preflight checklist
Language services come in many shapes and sizes. You know that a digital-first world demands an augmented tech-enabled service, but there's a continuum of approaches within that space. How do you choose the one that's right for you?
A number of different considerations will influence your choice, and these are reflected in the questions below. Think about the answers, then look at the options that follow and you'll be guided to your best starting point.
- Is your existing process working well right now? If not, could you do with some help to improve it?
- Are you focusing on immediate needs or on supporting an ongoing content strategy?
- How many – and which – languages do you want to translate into?
- Do you have a reasonable idea how much content you want to translate, and is that likely to grow – either quickly or slowly?
- How, where and why will your translated content be consumed? Is it internal or external, high-value or low?
- What content formats do you need to translate, and do you need the work returned in specific finished form?
- Will you need translation review for quality control? If yes, will you need outside help or do you have it covered in house?
- Would ongoing project management support be overkill for your needs? Or would it add value and make life easier for you?
- Besides price and turnaround times, what measures of success will your business use to judge your investment in localization?
Ready for launch
Adding value through an ongoing relationship
|Best suited for:||Not designed to support|