CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER - Azad Ootam
Scope of Role
Chief Technology Officer: Drive innovation, automation, efficiency and security through our organisation to make us more agile and reactive to clients’ needs. Continue to improve our products, together with AI and MT, to further empower our clients. Integrate SDL into RWS to create a truly global leader in our industry that our clients can rely on.
Strong transformational skills and experience: Azad has spent much of his career on large-scale transformational engagements. His experience ranges from strategic direction setting, organisational redesign, and radical cost-reduction projects through to programme management and operational roles. Many of these roles have been in areas of high political and press interest, and he has successfully navigated organisations and significant change under this scrutiny.
Proactive leader: Azad joined SDL in 2016 as the Chief Transformation Officer and then became the Chief Technology Officer in 2020, having taken on responsibility for the Language Technology division of SDL.
Results-oriented: Azad has successfully seen the deployment of modern platforms and tooling across SDL, enabling our employees to service our customers more effectively and efficiently, and continuing to keep pace with the ever-increasing business velocity demanded.
Personal: Azad is married to a lawyer, has two girls and lives in London
- Chief Technology Officer, RWS (November 2020 – present)
- Chief Technology Officer, SDL (May 2020 – November 2020)
- Chief Transformation Office, SDL (June 2016 – April 2020)
- Chief of Staff, CIO, Royal Mail (January 2010 – December 2015)
- Commercial Director, UKBA - Home Office (May 2006 – December 2009)
- Partner, Accenture (September 2000 – May 2006)
- BSc (Hons), Manchester University, Computer Engineering