PRESIDENT, IP SERVICES - Neil Simpkin
Scope of Role
President, IP Services: overall managerial responsibility for RWS’s full suite of intellectual property services, including patent translation and filing, renewals, IP research studies and our global patent database PatBase.
Highly experienced leader with extensive market and industry knowledge: with over 27 years of experience in various positions across RWS, including more than a decade in key linguistic roles. Neil uses his deep knowledge of the translation and intellectual property industries to engage with customers and ensure that our product and service quality meets and exceeds expectations.
Strong technical skills: building on his long-standing involvement in customer-facing technology platforms such as inovia and PatBase, Neil drives the early adoption of advanced software solutions into our business to improve internal efficiency and end-user experience.
International experience: with a decade of experience working in China and Japan, Neil is able to combine a deep understanding of East Asian markets with a drive towards globally harmonized business processes and strategic initiatives.
- President, IP Services, RWS (October 2018 – Present)
- Managing Director, Patent Information division (April 2017 – October 2018)
- Deputy Managing Director, Patent Translation & Filing division (April 2017 – October 2018)
- Technical Director (January 2012 – Present)
- Deputy Managing Director, UK Translation division (June 2006 – March 2017)
- Translator (1995 – 2006)
- Translation Checker (1993 – 1995)
- Translator, Daimler-Benz AG (1991 –1992)
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages, University of Bradford
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Thames Valley University