As streaming services become truly global, media companies find themselves in a race to roll out their content to subscription-paying audiences around the world.
Our client, a US-based online streaming leader, didn’t have the expertise or manpower to review and test localized titles, subtitles, and synopses for tens of thousands of films and TV shows in each new locale—yet they need to deliver linguistically sound content and powerful messaging that encourages people to press play.
So we provided specialized teams with language skills, cultural knowledge of each market, and familiarity with the world of TV and film. In under a year we built three testing teams—in California, Ireland, and Argentina—taking over all linguistic and functional testing of content in 25 languages.
Here’s how we did it:
- Established metrics and KPIs to govern the program
- Created three secure testing labs
- Continuously expanded labs and pools of resources
- Committed to program-level quality and productivity metrics
- Expanded testing team by 63%
- Doubled linguistic testing program productivity in one year
- Freed client’s in-house team to focus on value-add tasks
- Expanded program by three new markets per quarter