Our patent search services
- Novelty/patentability—A search to identify prior art that is material to the patentability/novelty of an invention.
- Validity—Test the validity (strength and scope of a patent claim or claims set) with any one of our diverse search offerings, ranging from patents to non-patent literature and physical evidence.
- Freedom-to-operate—A search to identify cases relevant to the manufacture, sale or use of a specific product or process.
- Landscape—A wide range of research options: providing an overview of patenting and market activity, highlighting filing trends and other key metrics, developing market and innovation intelligence, helping pinpoint opportunities for precise innovations relevant to business strategy and more.
- Patent watch—Alerts to keep up-to-date in your chosen field by tracking technology developments (by classification and/or keywords) or competitor activity (by applicants and/or inventors) according to a pre-defined alert profile.
- Evidence of use (EoU)—Gives you the intelligence and insight to successfully fuel your monetization and licensing strategies.
Our traditional and cutting-edge crowdsourced solutions leverage the combined power of our in-house patent analysts, community of search experts and proprietary platforms PatBase and AOP Connect.
PatBase is the market-leading international patent search database of more than 109 million patents and related documents from over 105 countries. Combined with non-patent literature produced via our crowd-based search services, this database gives you unparalleled access to the most extensive patent and IP data coverage in the world
AOP Connect is the leading intellectual property platform for organizing, storing and controlling the flow of references and ‘prior art’ related to IP searches. We leverage an in-house search team plus our global crowd of more than 43,000 skilled researchers from over 170 countries to provide you with the best references available.